Shopping on Bakipa
We partner with the world’s top brands and shops to bring you the best maternity, baby and kids products in one place.
Every retailer that we partner with has been hand-picked by Bakipa’s team of parents based on the high quality of their products and service.
How to shop
- Download the free Bakipa app from [iTunes or Google Play – BNC link]
- Browse or search through Bakipa to find items you like
- Press on the product you want to buy to see the full description
- Select the size, colour and quantity you’d like
- Press the ‘Buy’ button at the bottom of the screen
- Check all details are correct and then follow the prompts to complete checkout using Bakipa’s secure payment channel
Bakipa Preloved Marketplace is an open marketplace where parents have freedom to transact according to their preferences. The Bakipa team does our best to keep the marketplace as safe and pleasant as possible, but sometimes unexpected events may occur that conflict with our Community Guidelines.
We ask that you take reasonable care to avoid any negative experiences when shopping on Bakipa. Some tips for buying safely with Bakipa are below:
- Read listing descriptions - Sellers often provide detailed descriptions of items within the listing. Read before completing a deal to avoid surprises.
- Ask questions - ask the seller questions, request for more item pictures or proof of authenticity and clear your doubts before confirming a deal.
- Do your research - If you are unsure about the authenticity of an item or feel that a listing looks suspicious, don’t purchase the item until you are assured that the listing is genuine. Listings which are suspicious should be reported to the Bakipa team so that it can be removed from the marketplace.
- Ask for registered / tracked mail or a certificate of posting - This is especially essential if you are dealing with expensive items. Don't take chances!
- Read user feedback - You can assess the credibility of a seller by reading user feedback on his or her Bakipa profile. If you're not convinced by the feedback, don't proceed with the deal.
- Check your item - If you are dealing via meet-up, check your item before making payment to ensure that you're getting exactly what you paid for.
- Payment – if you are buying a preloved item, be careful if you are asked to send money to a suspicious location or account. Avoid money transfer services such as MoneyGram or Western Union as these are often used by fraudulent sellers. If you feel uncomfortable, opt for cash payment on collection or do not proceed with the deal.
- Meet in public, well-lit places – if you are collecting an item in person, ask the seller to meet you in a public, well lit location. If this isn’t possible, take someone with you for safety purposes.
- Common sense is king - Use your instincts and logical reasoning to assess the safety of each individual deal. Things that are too good to be true often aren't.
- Be prompt - If you suspect that you have been scammed or are a victim of a scam, report the scam promptly to the Bakipa team so that we are able to assist you.